Updated on September 26, 2019
Thoughts from an Emptynester
A Blog by Chicken Wrangler Sara
- Two adults cannot finish a gallon of milk before it goes bad. In fact, some weeks we barely finish a half gallon.
- Cooking dinner every night creates too many leftovers for two people.
- Some nights we just want to eat cold cereal. And we do.
- It is no longer necessary to do laundry on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I can do laundry twice a week and still do small loads.
- The large grocery cart is really too big. I can use the smaller one for my weekly shopping.
- I have considered only shopping once a week. I’m not sure I’m ready for that change.
I recently found an old pacifier in my lingerie drawer. It belonged to our oldest daughter who is now 26 years old and married. It reminded me of times past when the house was filled with noise and messes. It is quieter now and a little neater.
I’m not sure I’d say it was better – just different. A kind of different I can get used to.