NaNoWriMo 2012 has ended. (btw, MAJOR congratulations to those who stayed the course and wrote 50,000 words. I’m so impressed.)
Today’s December 1st. The holiday season is upon us and closing in like a speeding bullet.
If you’re like me, you’re skimming and skipping on social media sites and blogs.
Here are some blogs with writerly news or information I thought you’d want to know about:
Fictionwise is Now on Life Support – They’re Pulling the Plug in 3 Weeks’ Time
- Digital Reader advises now would be a good time to go download any ebooks you still can. After December 21, 2012, you will not be able to access any of the ebooks you bought from Fictionwise sites (including Fictionwise.com, eReader.com and eBookwise.com).
Very latest on Fictionwise’s demise:
What People Talk About When They Talk About Bad Writing
- Writer/agent Nathan Bransford’s take on a definition of bad writing.
Why is your second novel so important?
- Agent Chip Macgregor discusses the biggest pitfalls in a second novel.
Sell More Fiction by Activating the Power of Book Clubs
- How to employ bookclubs and discussion questions to increase your book sales.
6 Common Myths About Book Reviews
- Debunks common misconceptions about book reviews
How Twitter Hashtags Help Authors Find Readers
- Loved this list of handy hashtags to connect with readers
- Interesting discussion about trackers in eReaders: Your data profile shows when you read and when you don’t. Will it soon determine what you read?
YOUR TURN to SHARE: If you’ve found a blog, you think I may have missed, tell me about it in your comment.
Leave a Reply