A Blog by Chicken Wrangler Sara
What I Have Learned from My Mother
- Be flexible (moving 18+ times). Any place can be home as long as family is there.
- Never give up on your dreams. (she graduated from college when I was in high school)
- Put things back where you found them (I have really learned the value of this-now if my kids would listen).
- Never be afraid to speak your mind (need I say more?).
- Make use of what you have (canning and freezing).
- Follow your husband where ever he goes (especially if it is to Ireland =))
- Stop and help when you can (as in dogs that have been hit by cars).
- Animals are people too (this must have been genetically passed on to my Rachel).
- Finding a church home is top priority when you get to a new home.
- You never stop being a mom (having your grown daughter move back in with her three children and husband for 6 weeks).
For Mother’s Day 2021, I would like to add to that list:
- Be hospitable (even when it means having company all summer long at your lovely home in Colorado).
- Sometimes the best view is seeing your family come through the door on a regular basis (moving back to Texas from Colorado).
- The best way to handle a difficult situation may be to huddle up under a blanket and wait it out (ice storm 2021).
- Being a grandmother is the best thing in the world (welcome to my Alexander!).
- A mother’s love just gets deeper and deeper. So does a daughter’s.
Happy Mother’s Day!