Posted on February 14, 2013
Love words are in the air today – Ten quotes you can use
I hope you read my Valentine blog on Monday and you have already gifted your someone special with a homemade valentine today.
In case you need some love words to use before the day is gone, here are ten of my favorite Valentine quotes.
• I have never met a person whose greatest need was anything other than real, unconditional love. You can find it in a simple act of kindness toward someone who needs help. There is no mistaking love. You feel it in your heart. It is the common fiber of life, the flame of that heats our soul, energizes our spirit, and supplies passion to our lives. It is our connection to God and to each other. -Elizabeth Kubler-Ross, The Wheel of Life
• “kisses are a better fate than wisdom.” -e.e. Cummings
(I love any of e.e. Cummings words. I mostly love that he doesn’t capitalize.)
• “Grow old with me! The best is yet to be.” -Robert Browning
• “A bell is no bell ’til you ring it,
A song is no song ’til you sing it,
And love in your heart
Wasn’t put there to stay –
Love isn’t love
‘Til you give it away.”
-Oscar Hammerstein, “You Are Sixteen” from the film Sound of Music
• “For twas not into my ear you whispered, but into my heart.
Twas not my lips you kissed, but my soul.” -Judy Garland
• “True love never lives happily ever after – true love has no ending.” -K Knight
• “Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice.” -Nora Roberts
• “For you see, each day I love you more. Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.” -Rosemonde Gerard
• “Love is the force that ignites the spirit and binds hearts together.” -Unknown
Lastly, no blog on love words would be complete without the words of Elizabeth Barrett Browning, “How do I love Thee?”
HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!