Posted on August 7, 2012
One Lovely Blog – Never too late to say Thanks
My often neglected blog has been honored with a nomination for the One Lovely Blogger Award by my very good friend Forest and his human, Elaine Smothers (blogger and fellow WANAite). I’m awed to be considered lovely by anybody.
I did a Google search for information on this award and found nothing of its origins. I did find lots of links to other bloggers who have earned the award and choices for award badges here. The rules for accepting the award were easily located and involved nominations, thanks, and sharing.
- Post the award badge. (not included with all explanations)
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them in your post (an obvious requirement)
- Nominate 15 other blogs for this honor (the number varied)
- Share seven little known facts about yourself. (the part we all like best)
So I begin my acceptance with a big thank you to Forest and Elaine for the OLB nomination. Everyone should check out their blog at Wonder in the Wild. It’s one of my favorite blogs.
Here’s the badge I selected.
The hardest part of accepting any blogger award is choosing blogger nominees. OLB is no exception. There are so many worthy blogs and bloggers.
The fifteen bloggers I’m nominating have interesting, informative and fun blogs. Stop by their sites and meet them. I know you’ll enjoy exploring and learning about them.
- Alina at Illuminations
- Ben at Not One Sparrow
- Bethany at Write by Bethany
- Ciara at Finding Treasures in Dreams
- Ellen at To Beyond and Back
- Ginger at I am Blogger Hear Me Tweet
- J. D. at Living with the Muse
- Jane at Janie Carver 2011
- Jennifer at MuseTracks
- Kat at Kat Jorgensen
- Linda at Soldier, Storyteller
- Megan at Sortacrunchy
- Melissa at Melissa Ohnoutka
- Patricia at Masks the Book
- SJ at Come Sit By My Fire
Now, the fun part: seven little known facts about me.
- I decided I only like wildlife from afar after this fellow came to lunch last week and refused to leave until the Area Wildlife Manager Thorpe came to shoo him away. Mr. Bear was only two feet from my dining room window.
- I love my early morning water aerobics workouts.
- I won’t eat avocados or guacamole.
- I love all Harry Chapin’s songs. Especially Flowers Are Red and Cat’s in the Cradle If you’ve never heard the songs you can listen on Youtube: Flowers are Red and Cat’s in the Cradle
- I finally read a Nicholas Sparks novel, Dear John. Loved it!
- I’ve lived in AL, CO, CT, MS, NC, NM, TN, TX, VA, and WV. Only six of the nifty fifty are on my bucket list of places to see. I’ll let you guess which six. Hint: all but one are close to Canada.
Not one to follow always follow the rules, I’m going to leave #7, the last final fact, for you to ask what would you like to know about me. One caveat: I won’t tell you my weight, my age, or my address!
So, dear blog reader, it’s your turn. What would you like to know? Or, which six states do you think I’ve never been to?